First Kicks (4 - 6)
The FC Nelson First Kicks Winter season kicks off Saturday 4th May @Neale Park, starting at 9 am.
Welcome, all to the 2024 season. We are excited to get our youngest members started in their football journey through FC Nelson.
'First kicks' are part of New Zealand's Football's junior framework.
First kicks - It's all about fun and guided first steps into the beautiful world of football. We usually start with a combined warm up for everyone. Then we will run a few different drills mainly around controlling and dribbling the ball and of course scoring, cause that's what everyone loves. We aim to provide as many touches on the ball as possible for everyone. The second part of the session will be small sided games.
- Social & Emotional – lots of interaction, enjoyment
- Technical & Tactical – lots of touches, 1v1s, attacking & defending
- Physical – develop Functional Movement Patterns, more active
- Mental – lots of opportunities for success and for decision making
Each Saturday is divided into 4 components:
- General movement
- Football coordination
- Football Technique
- Small sided football games
We encourage kids to wear football boots.
Shin pad and socks are mandatory for everyone.
A water bottle should be brought to every session.